Donnerstag, 14. März 2013

Children's Books for Lolitas

Hello dolls 


Lately, I'm dealing a lot with children's books because I need that for my final exams. I thought it would be fun to feature some a Lolita might like.

#1 Alice Adventures in Wonderland. 
Alice seems to be a fix element of Lolita fashion. Alice themed stuff is popular for dress prints and there is even an own substyle called Alice Lolita (It's not so popular in the west though ~).
I read the book myself and I enjoyed it a lot. Lewis Carroll also wrote a second story with Alice as protagonist. The book is called Through the looking glass. 
It's also fun to see which of the characters that appear in the movies are from witch book!

#2 Winnie-the-Pooh
by A.A.Milne
When I was a child I was crazy about the Disney adoption of Winnie-the-Pooh. I watched the movie/episodes nearly everyday. I read the book again lately and it's just so cute 
The characters are nearly all toys what makes the story interesting for Lolitas. I also love how the whole story plays in a wood.


#3 The Moomins
Moomins are fairytale like creatures that live in a wood. The Moomin series includes nine volumes written by the Swedish author Tove Jansson. I sadly wasn't able to read the series myself so far but I heard that the German translation it isn't far as good as the original. Sadly I don't have any information about the English version in this matter ~

#4 Fairy-tales
Many Lolitas get inspired by fairy-tales. If you are of the opinion that the one's for children are too boring try to find the original versions that were written for adults.

Are there any children's books you enjoyed? Tell me in the comments!

Love,
Yaya  



7 Kommentare:

  1. I loved this post, children's books are my passion ♥
    If I started about my favourites that would probably turn out to be a never ending story. But there were some that came to my mind in relation to this post: the "Anne of Green Gables" series by Lucy Maud Montgomery, as it's about a young girl growing to be a Lady. And the books by Frances Hodgson Burnett, especially "Little Princess Sara"!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I'm glad you liked it ♡
      Seems like you know a lot more about children's books than me. I will totally check out the ones you stated ^o^

      Löschen
  2. Jaaah, Winnie Pooh! <3 <3 <3
    Ich weiß noch, wie meine Mutter mir immer erzählt hat, sie hat als Kind Winnie Pooh gelesen, und dann später als junge Erwachsene, und da hat sie alles in einem ganz anderen Licht gesehen, und irre viel Symbolik und so erst verstanden.

    Mir ging es dann natürlich genauso. XD

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. das ist bei mir bei den meisten Kinderfilmen auch so. Bei manchen Filmen frag mich sogar, warum/wie ich dass als Kind schon verstanden hab^^

      Löschen
  3. ich mag alice:3

    winnie pooh hab ich iwie erst kennen gelernt, als ich schon so 15 oda so war XD da hats mich iwie nicht mehr begeistern können

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. yay, Alice :)

      Du solltest Wienne Pooh wirklich noch mal ne Chance geben, der Bär ist so süß <3

      Löschen
    2. Stimmt! Die Disney-Filme haben vielleicht ab einer gewissen Altersklasse nicht mehr so viel Charme, aber das Buch musst du mal lesen! *-*

      Löschen